Last month was a real struggle for me. I felt completely overwhelmed with what I had on my plate. I didn't really see an end in sight to those and it was hard. Thing is, it's not like anything had changed except I had gotten further along in my pregnancy. I don't really care for the sensation of being overwhelmed and down on life, so I started wondering what had changed. And guess what? It was pretty simple. I had stopped getting good sleep. I mean, I can only get so good of sleep right now since I wake up multiple times a night, but Bill has been pulling crazy late hours doing research and I had started staying up later and later just doing whatever I was doing, fiddling around on projects or work or whatever else until midnight or later every night, getting up at 6AM to work, and just being thoroughly exhausted throughout the rest of every day.
I have no idea why I never seem to learn this lesson. I have night owl tendencies, but early morning responsibilities, which forever come in conflict. But this is not the first time and I'm certain won't be the last where I learn yet again that I need to prioritize sleep. It's kind of one of those duh moments. It's especially important right now because come end of June my sleep is going to get real crazy for a few months and I'm going to have to weather through that newborn phase.
So here's to going to bed at night and remembering that taking care of that need makes everything else easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment