I feel like I'm just in a circle talking about the same two things over and over, but really, most of my world right now is consumed with feeding my kids and hanging on for the last five weeks of this pregnancy and that's about all I've got.
So let's see, updates. I got a prenatal massage yesterday. It was lovely. It really improved my mood and I felt great the rest of the day.
I had my last prenatal appointment at my midwife's house. I'm having this baby at home, so after 36 weeks along she'll come to me. I do have one more appointment with an OB to finalize that I can indeed have a home birth. Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of that law in South Carolina, but this OB is a nice guy and he will prescribe all the medications I will want on hand just in case there are any complications when I'm in labor, so we'll just focus on that and call it good. She's head down and dropping and all in all in a very good place for 35 weeks pregnant. It's less than a month until my mom flies in and
And now Spencer updates. I don't weigh my kids much, but with the brushing routine thing with Spencer with his OT stuff I am in contact with him a lot more than usual and I noticed this week his knees had gotten exceptionally knobbly. I didn't really connect the dots, but earlier this week I asked him to weigh himself. To my dismay he had lost almost 10 percent body weight from his well child visit back in January. That was terrifying.
We've been doing the Satter method like I described last week. It makes life much simpler for food battles. Except he turned it on its head by deciding at dinner every single night plus most lunches that he'd rather not eat anything, and I've watched any fat there was strip off his bones and he has circles under his eyes and his moods are deteriorating. Lately he'll come and say he's hungry, but if I give him an option that isn't the two or three foods on his firmly comfortable with it list, he says never mind, actually I'm not hungry and walks away. I don't even know what to do with that. I still think it's a good eating method that could work for us long term, but right now not so much.
I don't quite know where to turn. We got him into OT but are now on hold because his insurance denied the OT office's claims. I may take him to the pediatrician, but I honestly don't know what she would do. She hasn't typically been helpful in this area. I don't know if there's a specialist that would be better. It seems like healthcare professionals all start talking about just have him eat these foods and he'll be fine, except he doesn't eat any of those. They always look shocked and I'm like obviously you don't have expertise in this field if this concept that a kid will not actually put food in his mouth even if he's starving is foreign to you and that it's possible for a kid to utterly refuse all categories of food but crackers, peanut butter, and ice cream. There has got to be help out there, people who have experienced this and actually gotten through, yet I don't know where. So consider this a call for help. If you have any clue about this area, I'm all ears. Otherwise I just keep muddling through hoping for some inspiration or breakthrough or something that will help us get out of this hellish phase. It's getting the best of me at the moment.
1 comment:
Praying for you all, Jolena
Post a Comment