Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pregnancy Update

All I can really think about is how soon I'll have this baby, so I figure I might as well blog about what's on my mind, right? :)

I had my 32-week midwife appointment this morning. I'm measuring measuring 34 weeks at this point, which is super heartening to me as it just might mean she'll come early. Whether it means that or not, I thoroughly appreciate the attitude boost it gives me.

My midwife and I decided we don't think she's a particularly large baby at this point. It still seems like she has room to move, which this far along my bigger babies didn't, and it was readily apparent to me as I got pummeled from the inside out. So that's also heartening to me right now. I love all my 8+ lb babies because they eat so well and thrive fast, but heck, having this one be in the 7-lb range would be completely welcome for the whole giving birth part and still be a plenty healthy size. I haven't even the slightest clue how big she'll actually be, so this is all conjecture and forecast, but that is what it is.

It's gotten really hard to sleep of late and that's done a number on my mental state. It's really easy to get frustrated over everything these days, so I'm definitely doing my best to find ways to stay positive. It just goes with the end of pregnancy that this is the biggest struggle, so it's all normal, but I'm in the thick of it right now.

I didn't think it was possible after my other three pregnancies to carry a baby more in front than I did before, but sure enough, this one is proving me wrong. It makes my back pretty sore, and I was concerned that I would tear muscles like I did with Genevieve, but so far so good. I have lots of contractions all the time, as is also pretty normal after multiple pregnancies, and anytime I do anything of even minimal effort, my poor body rebels, but hey, I can now say this baby is coming next month and that is golden. Also, my mom just booked her ticket to come help me with the baby, and that totally makes my day.

So there it is. Pregnancy at 32 weeks 4 days. I'm counting down, folks.

No comments: