Today marks the beginning of week four of home school and it's spring break so we're taking a deserved break from school life. Today also marked the day Governor Inslee and the state superintendent of schools canceled in-person school for the rest of the school year. I knew it would come soon enough, but I'm still in mourning over the loss of these three months of school. I dearly love my kids' teachers and it feels like such a loss to not get to see them again for the foreseeable future. We will still have distance learning, but I don't know what sort of real contact that will invovle. So far it's all writing messages back and forth and leaving notes on the portal. Which is good, but no substitute for real teacher time.
This last week has been full of school and art and over the weekend we truly enjoyed General Conference. I felt a lot of comfort and peace after listening to all the talks. We're goign to beat Coronavirus and we are going to get back to a new normal and life will resume at some point. It feels really slow and long and drawn out, but it will come to an end at some point and we will get to do some of those things we miss so much. Until then I can't help but remember all the blessings we have right now. Bill and I both have jobs. We have a home. We have food. We have internet and access to so much that isn't available to a large portion of people out there. We're bored and feel like there's maybe a little too much altogether time, and I wonder if my kids are going to do okay with what they get out of homeschool, but we are so blessed. It will be okay.
Spencer and Genevieve have done some really cool art projects on online sites.
Chloe thought under the table was just as good a place to eat as at the table.
Lots of time on educational sites doing Dreambox, Lexi, Xtramath, Edutyping, etc.
I made a toy wood camera for my SIL after she sent me a picture of what she wanted but coudln't get to her in time. It was so great to get outside and make something.
More art.
Chloe doesn't have school so soemtimes she's fending for herself. But we're having a good time still.
General conference.
Finished camera.
More general conference fun.



















No comments:
Post a Comment