Monday, May 3, 2021

Soccer, running injury, table runners, haircuts

Kind of a strange week. I injured my hamstring somehow last Saturday and it still hurts a lot. I need a physical therapist on tap to just talk to every time I do something like this instead of having to go get a referral and find one and make a whole to do about it. I just need like five exercises to do a bunch to make the huge painful knot feeling go away. No luck so far. I don't know if I'm making it worse by still exercising or not. It's not my favorite thing at the moment. 

Aaron and I did get haircuts this week and I really love them. Love Aaron's curls that show up here a bit. And I had them shave up the back of mine this go around to deal with some annoying hair length disparities I get because of the way my curls work, and that means that even though it's shorter, I can still put it in a ponytail. I love that! 


I finished these two runner tops. Still need to quilt them. 

Spencer got this RC car this week, with help from us parents, and he is in heaven. He's having so much fun playing with it everywhere we go and showing it off. Oh, and great news for Spencer, after losing all six of their soccer games so far this season as they developed skills and figured out how to work together after a year and a half off from soccer, Spencer's team won 8-0 on Saturday! It was so awesome for him to finally see the work pay off! 
Hard to see, but our kayak had 12 inches of water in it from the tarp sliding off during the winter. 
And just a batch of banana muffins to round out the weekend. I also made a cinnamon roll cake that is entirely too decadent and oh so tasty. I don't bake too much right now since all of my kitchen stuff is in storage and I have a fairly piecemeal set of kitchen tools in my current kitchen and a tiny amount of counter space to work in, but it's nice to make tasty things when I can. 

No comments: