Last Monday it snowed five feet in the mountains and a foot on our house. In April! It was something else. Today it was 84 degrees. It’s like whiplash.
Katie and I ran on Monday despite the weather. Worst weather run of the year, lol. This picture does no justice to how awful it was, but we did it anyway! Five miles in the driving snow.
Saturday I started the morning with a 12-mile run. I got home just in time to take about a two-second shower and got the three youngest to the ward Easter egg hunt. Spencer and Bill rushed home from f3 and also took two-second showers and squeaked in just in time for Spencer to sprint over as the hunt started. It was as close to being late as possible. But we weren’t late!
We dyed some eggs Sunday right before going to grandma’s house for a family Easter dinner. It was lovely.
And I also started my last bedroom painting project. This one is a white board and batten with the top in process of being painted dark purple. I finished the white vertical slats over the weekend and am working on the purple here and there in my few free moments this week. Then I’ll cap the vertical pieces with a horizontal piece. I love it already, even only partly done.
I almost had a throw the whole project away moment when I realized I’d accidentally bought. 11/16” thick trim instead of 1/2” thick. Bill came up with the idea to cut an angle on the pieces. Worked like a charm! Now the bottom trim and vertical trim doesn’t look mismatched.
Just the beginning of the purple. It’s all splotchy and obviously barely started, but I already love how it’s going to come together.
Genevieve and Spencer finished their latest art project from their art class. They have learned so much and made some seriously cool art projects. The last one this spring is a metal art project. Can’t wait for that.















No comments:
Post a Comment