I was under the impression that Spring Break was a time of blossoms and sunshine and warmer weather and life and health. Not this year! Nope, nope, nope. This year it included cold, snow, the flu, more snow. Hahaha! What a week!
I ran a fantastic half marathon Saturday. It was so great. Sunday, I got the flu! Monday Spencer got it too. We were quite the miserable pair. Nobody else got sick all week, but then Saturday down went Aaron throwing up. And Bill got it too. He and I didn’t throw up, but we got feverish and a cough and a runny nose. It was not that fun. He’s still moving through his bout. Aaron stayed home from school today because his stomach was uncertain, but he didn’t throw up at all! Huzzah!
So what did I do all week while I was sick? I painted a couple rooms! I did an accent wall in my bedroom that I’ve wanted to do for ages. And I painted a stripe in my wash room. I have an idea to paint white hexagons on the stripe, but I dunno if I’m going to do it or not. We’ll see. I do like the stripe. I haven’t gotten around to doing final touch ups on it, though I did 100% finish my bedroom accent wall and I love it so much.
Before Spencer got sick, he had big plans to do an epic bake sale and make tons of money over the break. He did get the baking part done. We froze it all. On the next sunny day he still plans to sell. He made lemon sugar cookies, sprinkle covered sugar cookies, mint brownies, and cinnamon rolls. We ate the rolls, but the rest will keep for a while.
The kids spent the entire week watching Gravity Falls and playing Roblox and Minecraft. Can’t say it’s how I wanted Spring Break to go, but sometimes life is like that. It was memorable, that’s for sure. 😂





No comments:
Post a Comment