Bill and I usually run together in the evenings, but tonight I have a commitment in Salt Lake, so I decided to go running this morning. The weather has been gorgeous these last few days, so I was only wearing shorts and a running tank top. I was maybe half a mile into my 3-mile run when I looked down and saw a wire ring on the ground kind of like a hanger. I stepped on it with one foot and apparently hooked my other foot in the ring because before I knew it I was scraping along the cement on my hands, knees, and thighs. No fun at all! The small amount of clothing I had on did nothing to shield me from the concrete! I kind of just laid there for a minute, shocked that I had fallen so fast, and then slowly got up to discover that I had torn a chunk out of my right hand and my left knee was pretty scraped up. I wasn't bleeding too much, so I decided to keep going on my run, but needless to say, my pace slowed down quite a bit.
When I got home, I started cleaning myself up and discovered that I also scraped up my right thigh and knee pretty good and my left hand is roughed up too, though nothing like my right. When I fell, I slid along on my chest and stomach a little bit, and when I looked in the mirror I realized the whole front of my tank top was covered with dust. I can't imagine what I looked like out running! Bloody knee, dirty shirt, roughed up legs and hands...I'm all patched up now, but moving kind of slow. I wouldn't call it the best start to my Friday, that's for sure. It made me want to curl up on the couch and not do anything. Wouldn't it be nice to have that luxury!
5 comments:
I can't believe you got up and kept running. Good for you! I faceplanted at the zoo when Tasha was here last June, and I was so in shock that they had to clean up my hands and knees for me with a baby wipe, since my hands were scraped up badly enough that I couldn't grip things properly at first. I think you got it worse than me though.
I agree with Tori--way to be motivated enough to continue your run. I hope you heal quickly!
I think I would have just turned around and gone home. You are one dedicated chica...I do wonder what people who saw you thought.hhhhmmmm
I don't think people realize how often runners risk their lives. :)
You amaze me. Got up and kept going? That's commitment. I slipped on icy stairs and fell right on my rump. The biggest bruise ever! 4 months later and still a big bump the doctor says is a large hematoma that will take months to dissolve back into the blood stream. Be careful dedicated one!
Post a Comment