Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Great Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was awesome.  Wish I had some pictures to show for it... We had a big family breakfast Saturday morning, then spent the rest of the day lounging mostly.  That was great.  Bill took me out for a baked potato at Jason's Deli.  It sounded so good to me, so we headed over there. They are so huge!  We split one and it was still super filling.  That evening we watched Shrek Ever After.  Funny movie.  I recommend it.

Sunday we had a pizza palooza to celebrate my BIL Vince's birthday.  It's a family tradition.  We all go to Bill's parent's house and his dad makes a whole bunch of amazing thin crust pizzas.  He's got pizza stones, even a pizza paddle, and the process down to a science.  They made 16 pizzas.  Probably 20 people were there so we ate a serious quantity of pizza. :) 

Monday Bill helped his dad with a procedure at his dental office.  He worked for him as a dental assistant as a teenager, so he helps sometimes on family procedures when we're here.  The rest of the day we spent building.  Bill put a coat of stain on the nightstand I had already built and I assembled the second one.  I screwed one of the boards on half an inch higher than I was supposed to and didn't realize it, so I ended up cutting a bunch of the boards shorter to fit before I realized what had happened.  Not a big deal.  It looks great.  I just got to use my saw more. :)

We went out to Thai food with Bill's aunt and uncle Monday night. They took us to this restaurant up in northwest Las Vegas that was amazing!  Bill's uncle went to Thailand on his mission so he knows good Thai food.  He ordered in Thai and everything.  It was pretty sweet. 

Good weekend overall.  It's finally starting to get hot here during the day, but thankfully is still cooling down at night.  I think it hit a 100 degrees for the first time this weekend.  The worst is when it only gets down to like 90 degrees in the evening. That's what I'm not looking forward to, but so far I've really enjoyed the weather.  I used to think Las Vegas was ugly, but I kind of like it now.  It's definitely dessert, but a pretty one.

Anyway, I've got to get going on my day so I'm off.  Hope everyone else had a fantastic weekend too!

No comments: