I had my OB appointment this morning. Apparently I am measuring three weeks ahead of schedule. No wonder I suddenly popped out recently. At least it feels like I did. I still don't look that big but you can definitely tell I'm pregnant or just seriously gaining weight only in my stomach. :) Maybe one of these days I will actually post a picture. The PA was so surprised she started searching for a second heartbeat just to see. No worries folks, none was found. It did prompt her to have me schedule my ultrasound before I go back to Utah, three weeks from today. I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl.
I had this memory of something like that happening with my mom, so I gave her a quick call after the appointment. Turns out I was remembering right. She always measured big, so they always made her go do an ultrasound. Apparently when she was having kids ultrasounds were not automatically scheduled. She would always tell the doctor that this was normal but they would schedule the ultrasound anyway to see if her due date was wrong. It's kind of fun to find out I seem to have inherited that same trait, at least for this first pregnancy. I did not inherit her pattern of being so sick she was almost green for the first three months for which I am grateful. We shall see if I get as big as she did early on. She hit her biggest size at 7 months and stayed that big all the way to the end without gaining much more weight. I could do without that, but it wouldn't be the worst thing. Mostly I'm just excited to be so close to finding out this baby's gender.
In other news, we're off to Utah for the weekend for a family reunion. I'm so excited! It's for Bill's family, and then I am staying longer with my sister to find an apartment. I can't wait to see everyone!
I learned the fine art of dehydrating fruit this week. I successfully dehydrated strawberries, apples, bananas, mangoes, and some nectarines. They are so good! Here's a few pictures. Bill's parents kindly let us borrow their dehydrator. That is definitely on the list of things to purchase sooner than later.
And finally, the finished dining room that I have been posting about all summer. One beautiful table, six chairs, and a console table. I'm a bit biased but I think it's a good looking room. :)
4 comments:
MMmmm, those strawberries look good!
congrats! can't wait to hear about your ultra sound! You should do a tutorial about dehydrating food! ( i have a dehydrated but haven't learned how to use it). Hope your feeling well!
I'm betting you guys are having a girl. So glad to see you dehydrating! We initially started out using an apple corer, but ours was pretty cheap, and we found that less of the apple is wasted is we just trim out the parts we don;t want from each slice. You carpentry projects are so great! I hope you have fun at the reunion-I'm going to miss everyone.
I found your blog and I am excited I can get updates on what is happening in your life! Congratulations on being pregnant! That is so exciting! We miss having you guys as neighbors. Good luck finding an apartment!
Post a Comment