Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Bald Little Monkey at 1 Month

Earlier this week, inexplicably, all the hair on the front half of Spencer's head fell out.  It's still long in the back, so it looks rather strange.   I'm betting it all falls out and comes back in a different color and curly.  That's what I want at least. :) 
  
Spencer is so much fun these days.  On Saturday I had a little girls day with my mom and sister at my mom's house.  My sister was playing with Spencer, doing "baby exercises" with his arms and legs, and he was smiling like crazy!  I took at least 50 pictures trying to get it on camera, and I got some great shots, but they're on my dad's camera so I'll have to post some later.  

He is officially 1 month old today and growing like a weed.  He weighs 10.8 pounds according to our home scale.  He is starting to interact with us and smile and just generally be more interested in the world around him.  He's out of his newborn clothes and diapers and getting bigger all the time.  He's sleeping in 3 or 4-hour stretches at night, which is wonderful.  Now we just need to get to bed before midnight so we can take advantage of those long stretches.  He has spent a lot more time awake the last few days, which is fun and at the same time makes it very hard to get anything done.  I think we'll keep him! :)
We put up this little stuffed animal net to get them out of the crib so we could use it.  Yes, I climbed up on a stool while holding Spencer in a sling.  It was awesome.  It's amazing what you can do with those things.

His eyes are lightening up and getting so much clearer.  They're so pretty!

Some quality father/son time here.  Spencer was out about 2 second later.

Spencer needed that WHOLE blanket to keep him warm. :)  It's our favorite blanket, so why not let him enjoy it too?  It's lamb's wool kind of stuff on the black side and filled with down.  Talk about amazing.

5 comments:

Merry said...

Cuteness!

Vanessa said...

Is that a new goon, or is it Bill's old one? Cute pictures!

Jolena said...

The goon in the picture is Bill's old one, but Suzanne got Spencer a new one too. It's just behind my head so you can't see it. :)

Marianne Barker said...

I was going to ask the same thing about the Goon!

Megan said...

awww. spencer is the cutest! i love the picture of his eyes.