We went on our first hike not on a paved trail last night. It was just up Rock Canyon, but we've got to start Spencer on something so he can get ready for the big mountains, right? :) It was beautiful. The river was running higher than I've ever seen it. Spencer fell asleep almost immediately. This is what he looked like most of the hike:
We were about down when Bill said to me that my water bottle was dripping on his foot. I went to tighten it but it was already tight. My sister looked at him and was like, "um, is that something yellow running down Spencer's leg?" That's right, look close. Spencer peed out the side of his diaper and onto his dad's foot. It was hilarious! He was so proud of himself.
I've decided it's high time I stop putting off running, so tomorrow is the day people! First run in about 10 months. Should be fun. I've officially experienced all the benefits of losing baby weight and nursing and my body is now telling me I have to actually work out to be in good shape. Rats! jkjk, it will be fun.
We're gearing up for our 14-hour road trip to Oregon next week. Yay for family reunions on the Oregon coast! Here's hoping Spencer travels well for that long. It's going to be a long day if he doesn't.
Speaking of Spencer, he's finally decided he knows how to roll and doesn't cry anymore because he can't get over his arm. Watch out world, this baby is moving! He's ever so interested in our food these days. I'm about ready to start him on solid foods, as he's trying to swipe ours any chance he gets. Don't worry, the camera will be ready.
4 comments:
you are such a cute hiking family. How did the running go?
It went great. My lungs struggled a bit, but I went pretty fast and it felt good to get moving. I think I went about 2.5 miles and took a bit over 20 minutes.
Spencer is the world's cutest hiker! By the way, should I bring the "pack-n-go" crib for the reunion? You don't need to bring yours all the way here. Can't wait to see you guys - all right - can't wait to see Spencer : )
Deb
Debbie, that would be awesome! We were going to call you about that actually, so you beat us to the punch.
Post a Comment