Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Counting down the days

I'm having a hard time focusing on anything but that I have 3.5 weeks left before I have this baby, give or take. Wooh! It's definitely that last chunk where I'm just hanging on for dear life trying not to go crazy as I wake up five or six times a night, can't get comfortable in any position in the evenings, and he is playing bumper cars with my organs, particularly my bladder and lungs. I'd love to have him right now, but at the same time I don't really want him to come early because then my mom wouldn't be here, and it will be so much simpler logistically if she's here. So I'm counting down days and trying to make the time go by a little faster than it feels like it's going. This is my most recent picture, taken yesterday at 36 weeks along and a couple days. See? Totally counting the days. :)

In other news, Genevieve has finally reliably figured out how to open her door. So now she peeks out a number of times after we put the kids to bed at night to see if anything interesting is happening. We also get exciting visits in the wee hours of the morning like the other day when she showed up at 4:30AM poking Bill's elbow requesting a diaper change as she had pooped in the middle of the night. That's better than screaming from her bed, but still a bit startling. This morning she showed up at my shoulder again at 4:30AM with her blanket and dog and hopped up to cuddle in with me. I can't say it really bothers me since I'm already up the aforementioned five or six times a night, so that was just one more wakeup. Plus, she's really cute when she's sharing my pillow. We don't typically have our kids sleep with us, so the occasional night is good for the moment. We'll see how it develops. I always like when my kids develop new skills that allow them to be more independent. Sometimes it requires then teaching them some new boundaries, but the tradeoff is worth it to me. 

No comments: