Sunday, June 1, 2014

Finished room

I finished, minus a final couple coats of polyurethane, Genevieve's bed this week. It really finishes off their room. She loves it. With the addition of a quilt my grandma made me when I was 16, the colors look much better. We ought to have a quilt of some sort to spruce up Spencer's bed, plus some new sheets that are more fun colors, but otherwise their new beds are done. He probably wouldn't keep a quilt on now anyway, so it's not a big deal, but I like having more color in there than there currently is.


It's good timing that I finished because I just passed the honeymoon phase of my pregnancy where I felt great most of the time and now am in the six-week slog to the finish where I'm pretty uncomfortable most of the time. It's not really that exciting, but hey, it's June 1st and he's due early-ish next month, so that helps my mental game!

In other random news I'm pretty sure my tomato plants are bigger right now and have more tomatoes on them than we got the entire last summer. Save or one they are all still green, but we are going to have tomatoes coming out of our ears this summer and I'm so excited!
I like to send pictures off to the kids' grandparents a couple times a year and I had a reminder pop up to do that this week. So I started scrolling through my pictures and realized I don't have a single picture of Genevieve smiling since Easter. Crazy kid! She's hard to pin down long enough to take a clear picture and adding a smile to that makes it even tougher. But I took a couple snapshots this week and they turned out cute. The giraffe photo bombing the first picture is Spencer's current favorite stuffed animal. That's right, Spencer's. Genevieve loves it too, but that doesn't surprise me. She has always liked stuffed animals and dolls and action figures and such. Spencer not so much. But he loves this thing with all his heart and it gets integrated into his play all the time now. I like it. In fact it turns out we have a lot of giraffe figures and the kids have both latched onto them as their current favorite animal. Kind of fun.



No comments: