Monday, June 30, 2014

The waiting game

They always say each pregnancy is different and you can't really predict what will happen based on the others. True statement. This kid is throwing us for a loop. While I've had tons of Braxton-Hicks contractions towards the end with the other two kids, I never really had real ones until it was go time. Not so this time around. I'm 12 days from my due date and I've had two nights this last week where I contracted for at least three or four hours, long enough to start to get my hopes up that it was the real thing starting, and then it fizzled out. I even started making phone calls and plans with various people to watch my kids in case things really got going because what seemed like an excellent idea a couple months ago to have my mom come just two days before my due date to maximize the time she had here now might mean she will be here after he's born instead of before. Though honestly, at this point I'd just be in heaven if he came early and we'd figure out the details and make it work.

So yes, I was doing just fine on the waiting game, but It's throwing me off my mental game to get teased like this. I mean, it's 8am and I've already had a few random contractions this morning. I'm of the opinion that all contractions are good ones. They all get me that much closer to him being here, but let's just get on with this, child!

In totally unrelated news, my children are laying on the floor behind me quietly reading books to themselves. It's precious. I love them so much. They're going to get a seriously awesome present here in the next few days with their new little brother making his grand entrance. They've both really gotten into baby dolls these last few weeks and little do they know, their very own live baby doll is about to arrive. Well, they do know, but I'm not sure they completely get it. Genevieve calls my stomach by his name. I wonder if she'll keep doing that after he's born. This is Spencer's second go around, so I think he gets it much more. Either way, it's going to be very fun here in just a few days. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Lorie S. said...

I chose to have my mom come just 2 days before my due date as well because I've always come late and wanted to utilize her time here for when I needed the help with 3. I'm already nervous that we should have had her come sooner too. As much as like the idea of not being pregnant, I still just really like a good full 40 weeks baby. Just makes me feel a little better to make it the whole 40.

Vanessa said...

I hope she doesn't keep calling your stomach by his name after he's born. That could be a little awkward...