It's always fun to have family in town because we go and do things we don't do normally. This week we went blueberry picking, we took a day trip to Atlanta, we ate lots of good southern food, and just generally had a great time. I had the best ribs I've ever had from our favorite local bbq place this week. I've eaten there before but never their ribs. That was a fantastic discovery.
I also paid the deposit on the vacation rental we're going to with my sister and her family for Thanksgiving. That makes me just a bit giddy. We've been in school in one form or another for our entire marriage, so finances have been perpetually tight. We don't do nearly as many vacations and getaways as we'd like. We've been saving up for this one and it's going to be fantastic. Thanksgiving with ten of us on a lake in southern Virginia. The cousins get to meet each other for pretty much the first time and have three days to play together. I seriously can't wait. It's amazing how affordable it is too with a bit of planning.
So yes, good week. I like these kinds of weeks. They recharge my batteries and help me feel good about regular life. I like that.

2 comments:
Cute grandparents. Cute grand babies. Cute everybody :)
Fun, I'm glad so many family could come, since everyone is usually so far away. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you have something fun to look forward to!
Post a Comment