Sunday, August 24, 2014

Moving furniture

I get such an itch to change things up in my house sometimes. Since we're renting and have a limited budget for that kind of thing, mostly I just move furniture around and stuff like that. Plus I still haven't replaced my sander that broke, and that means I can't really build anything extensive for now. 

This week I switched up the kids' bedroom and the office/toy room a bit, plus switched our bedroom around some too. Now we have a fun reading nook in the office and toys in their bedroom. I switched the mini crib to the other side of the bed and switched which sides Bill and I sleep on. I don't know why I get such satisfaction out of changing things up a bit, but I really do. I think it scratches my need to create things on a regular basis. Last week it was the living room. We built a little shelf under the window for our plants and moved the room around to make it work. Oh, and we created a picture wall, expanding the few pictures we had up in that room. We're going to be here for several more years, so it's nice to find a few ways to improve things.

All the kids hanging out together playing games on the tablet.

He's starting to smile, but the best I've gotten on camera is a pleasant look.

The reading nook.

She wanted to wear Spencer's "jumpers."

Turns out Aaron adores sleeping on his stomach. So sometimes we do that and he will sleep for three or four hours. I check on him often, but then I do that when he's on his back too. It still feels so crazy when he sleeps that long.

Tell that isn't a happily asleep child. His face is so squishy and adorable.
She's finally started to smile for pictures when i ask her to. Yay for no more angry expression photos!

3 comments:

sb said...

I've resorted to letting both my kids sleep on their stomachs at young ages. If it gets them to sleep and I can be less of a zombie, I'll take it! Desperate times, you know.

Vanessa said...

I love the first picture of the kids "hanging out." Aaron looks awesome :)

Marianne Barker said...

Yeah, well we were told to never let our kids sleep on their backs because they might vomit, then aspirate it. So, I don't think there's a best way to sleep for everybody. Besides it causes temporary bald spots on the back of their heads if they never lie on their stomachs :)