He's filling out and getting nice and chunky. He already is out of his 0-3 month clothes for the most part. This kid is not small! It's partly because he's wearing cloth diapers, which always pushes babies up a size in clothes, but it blows me away to have him busting out of 0-3 month clothes at 5.5 weeks.
He has big blue eyes and he opens them so wide these days, trying to see everything around him. They are lightening up more each day. I'm interested to see how light they get. I think they're going to be similar to Spencer's with a gray ring on the outside and lighter in the center. That comes from me. Genevieve has a more solid colored blue much like Bill's.
Aaron's hair has done the exact same thing as Spencer's did at this age. Here's a couple shots for comparison. Aaron is still losing his hair like crazy, but it's also starting to come back in on the top, still dark. It will be fun to see what happens with it in the next month.
![]() |
| This is when it first started all coming out. It's way further gone now, but this picture just makes me smile. Love those big eyes and the chin and just everything about him. |
He still loves to sleep, though he spends much more time awake each day than when he was brand new. He wakes up probably three times a night still. He is hungry but doesn't really nurse long enough to tank up for longer periods of sleep. He's getting better at that during the day, but he's still a pretty lackadaisical nurser. He just really isn't in a hurry to do anything. If he's eating, great. If he gets tired, nothing I do will get him to eat more. He's growing like a weed, so I don't worry about how much he eats at all though. Hopefully we'll get longer periods of sleep at night as time goes on, but for now things are as I expect them to be for his age.
Probably the best thing happening now is he is starting to smile a lot more. It's the best thing! I just love when my babies start smiling. He's not smiling at people yet, but he must be sharing his own private jokes because he will get the biggest grins on his face. They're awesome.
And that is Aaron at one month. He's the cutest third child I've ever had. :) lol


No comments:
Post a Comment