Wednesday, August 2, 2017

This and That

I've been doing something revolutionary lately. I have been doing memory worthy things with my kids and not taking any pictures. Gasp! We went on a really cool hike on Saturday to this beautiful waterfall, had a great hike and a great time swimming, and this is the only picture I have. I didn't even take it. It's from Bill's phone. Part of it is my phone camera isn't doing so hot lately and I hate the bad pictures, but mostly it's because I spend a lot of time on my phone and this is one way to push against that. 

So there you go. A really cool waterfall we hiked to and swam at and had a grand ole time.

I got rid of our changing table this week. That felt kind of epic. We got it seven years ago while I was pregnant with Spencer. Chloe is still in diapers and will be for at least another year, but I just put the changing station on top of my sewing desk and it works great. It's super easy to take it off if I actually want to sew, which unfortunately doesn't happen very often at the moment. Someone give me money for fabric, please! I have all sorts of things I'd love to try but alas, no fabric to do it with. I used to have a few other random things on that desk that were much harder to take off so I'm quite pleased with the change. 


I've been plugging away at my current paint-by-number. It's more done than this now, but this is the last picture I took. My poor right thumb and pointer finger are super stiff every morning when I wake up, and I'm sure it's because hello, I haven't held a writing device, or in this case a paint brush, to use for this purpose in years. But if anyone knows anything that will calm down the stiffness, I'd love advice. I'm not going to stop painting, so for now I'm just dealing with it. It is too calming and stress relieving to do otherwise.


The last few days I've been looking at buying vs. renting options in northern Colorado. The goal is still to graduate in December, so that time is fast approaching. I've come to the sad conclusion that when you only have a few thousand bucks to your name it's hard to buy a house, lol. We're skidding into the finish with hardly anything left but hey, we're going to finish!

The timing of finishing in December is so awkward for moving with kids in school and winter but hey, this is not a complaint. OMG, not a complaint! Ten years of school is just about done and I'm mentally jumping for joy. After that long though everything is pretty worn out, us included. One of the springs on my old couch just broke and sitting in that spot is now significantly lower than the other two. Both of our old cars make me wonder on a regular basis if we are going to make it to our destination. The washer and dryer are barely functioning. Five more months. One more semester. Ten more college size paychecks, give or take. How many other ways can I find to count down? 😍

No comments: