Monday, September 28, 2020

Red Lake Hike

We invited my mom along and went hiking on Saturday to a little lake called Red Lake in Payson Canyon. It was breathtaking. The colors were so pretty. The kids did really well. We were a littel disappointed when we got to the lake. It's pretty droughty here this year and the lake was mostly dried up. But the hike and the colors were totally worth the 3.5 miles. I'm so sore post hike, even two days later. There were a lot more hills than I expected. I do wish staying in shape wasn't so hard to keep. Every time I take a week off it seems like I've fallen way back, and it's always so much effort to get back into shape. Ah well. Worth it. 





You can see the tiny bit of water in the middle of the picture. It was minute. 





I finished Spencer's paint by number butterfly. I needs to be wrapped around a frame still. That's why it's got the extra tails for the part that will fold over. 
I'm helping my dear friend finish a quilt her mom started for her. It's a HARD pattern and is going to take a goodly long time to finish, but it's a treasured item for her and I'm happy I can help her get it finished.

 

No comments: