Bill and I ran the Rex Lee Run on Saturday. We were slow, but we ran it together and it was nice. I just looked up our times, and I think I'll just keep them to myself. They're not competitive, that's for sure. :) We stayed afterwards in the crazy rainstorm to try and get prizes, but we didn't win anything. According to the announcer, we're super unlucky. lol. It was a good time. I really do love to race, even if I'm slow racing. I was running fast for my current abilities.
Bill and I went on a quick shopping trip to get ice cream for our FHE. A group from our ward was coming over. I made a red velvet cake the night before on a whim for the event. Well, sort of on a whim. I had pulled the recipe out and gotten the ingredients, but didn't know when I was going to make it. It was good! A tad more dry than I would like, but still good. So we ended up bringing home a hot 'n' ready pizza because I really didn't want to make dinner. Then Bill had his best idea of the day. It was one of the first really warm days around here, so we grabbed a couple blankets and our pizza and headed to the park across the street to have an impromptu 20-minute picnic. Awesome! We never just sit like that. There's always something to do, so it felt so good.
Today Bill came down and found me in the Tanner Building and we got wraps for lunch for the Cougareat. Oh how I love those caesar wraps! They're really not healthy, but they taste so good, so we splurged. We sat on the grass again to eat them and it was wonderful. I was ten minutes late to accounting, but it was totally worth it.
We're going to an opera in Salt Lake tonight. Hillary invited us. It's going to be great! I just hope I can stay awake. I'm seriously sleep-deprived at the moment.
1 comment:
i hope you had a wonderful time with htown!! sounds like you two had a great weekend--and I'm so glad its warming up I was beginning to think winter would never end! Nothing like a picnic and yummy food with a sweetheart to make your life worth living!
Post a Comment